Stained Glass – Online Mentoring
On many occasions, I have been asked whether I run courses on the crafting of stained glass. Crafting meaning creating the template, selecting the glass, cutting the glass, leading, cementing and a patina finish. I have not run such courses before because as a tenant of the English Bridge Workshop I am unable to guarantee the safety of a small group of students using soldering irons due to the position of the electrical plugs they require.
As mentioned in my previous post, I made the decision to postpone all face to face Stained Glass Painting courses due to government instruction following the Covid-19 outbreak. However, I am able to access my studio safely without presenting a risk to myself or anyone else and during this necessary social isolation and the interruption of our weekly routines, I am taking this time to organise my studio space and my website, which is now home to my online shop. I am also using this time to reflect on and perfect the courses I have previously run and to develop new courses in keeping with the theme of well-being that is present in my project Artychoke.
With all of this in mind, I am adopting new approaches to my teaching and will be offering vouchers for you to pre-book your attendance to a Stained Glass Painting course at my studio when it reopens. You may buy it in my newly launched online shop or with https://supportshrewsbury.co.uk/business/couleurlive/
I will soon post more details about SupportShrewsbury. Until then, you may read more on
Today, I am delighted to share details for the launch of a new course.
I will be delivering an online course or more precisely an Online Mentoring for people who have made the first step of attending a stained glass crafting course at another location.
My Stained Glass Online One-to-one Mentoring will be for:
· Anyone wishing to reflect on what they first had learnt at another location.
· Anyone who is enthusiastic to the point of purchasing tools, equipment and glass and who has begun practicing their beginner skills on their own at home.
· Anyone who would welcome ongoing, lively support and guidance to build their confidence in using glass as a medium for self-expression.
Interested? Here is what it involves:
1. You would need to download the free video conferencing app ‘Zoom’* to your tablet or computer.
*If you are not familiar with Zoom it is a video conferencing application available on computers, tablets and smart phones. As well as being able to communicate through live video, chat and audio it allows you to share screens, send documents, record the session and watch back and includes a whiteboard feature that allows you to draw free hand or annotate documents on another meeting participants’ screen.
2. We would agree a time suitable for both of us to have an introductory half an hour warm welcoming video call to discuss how we will tailor the mentoring to your skills and review what you wish to get out of the session(s).
3. We build a bespoke plan for you determining the length of the mentoring in relation to your aims. Then, each video session will be for 40 minutes and will guide you in your work by answering your questions, enabling you to gain confidence, enjoy a deeper understanding of the technique at each stage, receive advice on artworks that have not gone to plan, and to enjoy the live experience of my studio. If you book more than one session, we will also stay in touch by email in between sessions.
4. For those interested in a one-off consultation, I can also offer a 40-minute video consultation.
If you are interested in either of the courses, you may view prices in the online shop
For further enquiries, please, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org